Monday 23 March 2015

Liebster Award


As a newb to the blogging world, I Am absolutely chuffed as cheese to be nominated for this awesome award by the Charming Charnelle Coco Avontuur from In The Loop with Coco beauty blog
  
The purpose of the Liebster award is to create some exposure for your up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers.

The Rules are as follows:



These are the questions Charnelle asked me:

How long have you been blogging?
I just started in January 2015 so that's 3 months

What do you enjoy the most about blogging?
I love sharing my experiences with people all over the world

How often do you blog per week?
I don't have set times, I blog as & when I'm inspired 

What was your main struggle when starting up your blog?
Figuring out how to use my iPad *giggle* I'm a pc girl!

Who is your favourite blogger?
I don't get too much time to read blogs, but when I do it's usually industry related. Meaning travel. I recently came across this blog by a guy who left his desk job to travel across Africa & not by plane. I totally love it!  www.traveltall.com

Oh wait I have 2, the other is the fabulous Sex in the CT with Manni Bradshaw


What are your blogging goals?
I'd love to one day be one of those "digital travel nomads" who gets paid for their travel blogs, in essence paid to travel.... :-)

What is your favourite thing about blogging?
I love recounting my experiences by putting it into words. It's very relaxing.

What is the worst advice you have received about blogging?
None

What is the best advise you have received about blogging?
Just do it 

What advise can you give about blogging?
It's like writing in a diary, a very public diary. Be real be you don't make up false stories, unless you're a comedian or scriptwriter. Funny thing bout the Internet if you present a fake story or review the truth will always find you out.

Have you ever seen/ heard of my blog before?

I first saw your blog when my friend Mademoiselle Nomad added me to your Facebook group, Cape Town Bloggers

11 Random Facts about Me
  1. I'm a BIG Froyo Fan! (frozen yoghurt)
  2. Michael Schumacher #F1 + fast / vintage cars = HUGE Love
  3. Convinced I was born in the wrong era, Love love love the vintage 50s Americana Pinup 
  4. I love baking cupcakes...yes I'm that domesticated ;-)
  5. I sing in the shower (& my car... ;-)
  6. My mouth is bigger than my heart
  7. I've lived in 9 cities...that's 3 different continents
  8. Pro female empowerment
  9. Intrigued by human nature
  10. Owned my first business at 15
  11. Started playing piano at age 4

I'm sorry I don't get to read too many blogs, so don't know of too many newbies to nominate. But I'm paying it forward by nominating these blogs:


  1. Sex in the CT with Manni Bradshaw
  2. Make it Rayne 
  3. A foreigner in Cape Town
My 11 Questions for you are as follows:
  1. Why did you start blogging?
  2. Are you a full time blogger? 
  3. If Yes to Q2, how did you do that? & why?; if no what is your full time occupation?
  4. Who inspired/inspires you the most?
  5. Do you have a favourite blogger, if so who?
  6. Have you read my blog?
  7. Where are you from?
  8. If you got 3 wishes from a magic genie, what would they be?
  9. PC or MAC?
  10. Which do you find easier: connecting to people through your blog or connecting with people face to face?
  11. Do you have an online screen name? if yes, what is it?
I look forward to learning some more about my fellow bloggers and will definitely need to make some time to read some new blogs!

Last but most certainly not least, a very BIG Thank You to Charnelle for this award! :-) 

Love & Lightness xxx

3 comments:

  1. Aww and thanks to you Jax for taking it up.Much Love ~*CoCo*~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nod angel! Beats our regular professional correspondence any day! :)

    Why did you start blogging?
    As a form of release. Sex in the CT was a parody play I had written but never performed and then it took a life of its own.
    Are you a full time blogger?
    I wish! :)
    If Yes to Q2, how did you do that? & why?; if no what is your full time occupation?
    I work (as you know) for Moonlighting Commercials. Occupation...mmm....how long do you got? My favorite answer to that was by my amazing work colleague Mike. "Manni is a gets-shit-done-doerer!"
    Who inspired/inspires you the most?
    My own relationships of the past, present and future. My friends and their beautiful journeys. Especially Charlotte (she knows who she is)
    Do you have a favourite blogger, if so who?
    Dorothy Black. She's delicious!
    Have you read my blog?
    I have now...:)
    Where are you from?
    Cape Town born and bred with Porra heritage. Brooklyn to be exact. They called me Manni from the Block!
    If you got 3 wishes from a magic genie, what would they be?
    To eradicate stupid / ignorant people and stop them from breeding.
    For mind altering Jedi like mind powers
    Enough wealth to retire tomorrow and pursue all my passions full time
    PC or MAC?
    PC. Mac? Tsk. Get a mouse! :)
    Which do you find easier: connecting to people through your blog or connecting with people face to face?
    Face to face.
    Do you have an online screen name? if yes, what is it?
    Manni Bradshaw! :)

    Love you long time hun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanx CoCo & thanx Manni for your reply! love your awesome blog x

    ReplyDelete